Re: Kenny Says He's An Underachiever

Way Of The Ray wrote:

> >From Yahoo/TSN's Dave D'Alessandro:
>
> "The Celtics' disastrous season has inspired this self-exam from Kenny
> Anderson: 'I don't feel good about my career,' the point guard
> said.  'I'm an underachiever as far as what my potential was....
> I just feel every time I did something great, I went back two steps.'"

Kenny is alright by me. He needs to realize that another "has been" named
Tiny Archibald made it all the long way back to the All Star game by
lowering his shot attempts and focusing on the pass.

Kenny is fully capable of averaging 13ppg and 9 apg like Tiny did after
Bird arrived in Boston. In the final analysis, every other NBA fan whines
about their team's worthless point guard.

Kenny has some flaws (not just defense), but he's got some great things
going for him. For example,
1) he is a breathtakingly efficient dribbler in my book.
2) he keeps defenses honest with his jumpshot (certainly better IMO than
Kidd or DJ).
3) he doesn't make the show-off pass or dumb turnover (a lot of them do,
including the All Stars and Dream Teamers).

Go Kenny, Paul, Ron, Toine, Vitaly!

Joe

FWIW, I would aggressively shop a future Celts 1st rounder for one of this
year's #10 through #15 picks. I think this is a genuinely uncommon
"quarterback" draft, and that we could find a talented backup and future
starter from any of the top six guys available (Stevie Francis, Will
Avery, Jason Terry, Mateen Cleaves, Baron Davis, Andre Miller).