Re: Pitinospeak

Well, Pitino had his decision with Walker made for him when the CBA set his
price.  His hand wringing was over a $100 million contract.  The Cleveland
example is a decent one, but you yourself point out they've only got two
maximum contracts.  Something a little more than Person got for Mercer would
be fine by me.  Right now Person's the better player.  On top of that,
Cleveland did have to let Potapenko go for just this reason, so don't tell
me it's all posturing. The negotiations for Mercer and Battie this summer,
and Pierce in a couple of years will determine the shape of this club for
years to come.

Jim

PS Sign and trades are fine, but you have to be willing to take back as much
salary as you give out, unless you are dealing with the handful of teams
which are under the cap.