Re: Mercer/Battie

> Peter...as much as I've griped and moaned about Mercer....you're absolutely
> right. And I don't get this love affair everybody is having with Battie.

nor i with the love affair with dana barros.  i mean geez, i remember
when everyone wanted to run him and m.l. out of town on a rail.  even
last year he was cap trash.  now all of a sudden he's a keeper?  on the
basis of what?  a few games?  i'm not sold.  has he played well?  no
doubt, but can he translate 10-20 games subbing for the starter to being
the starter?  we tried that a few years back and it was a dismal
failure.  i feel the same way about battie, mercer, walker, et al.  do
they all have potential, certainly.  what am i trying to say, i have no
idea.  it's late and i'm very tired and the celtics have me very
confused.  do i want to keep mercer at the cost of battie, or vice
versa?  damned if i know.  can walker become a truly great player?  or
even jsut a great player?  ugh, i wish my crystal ball were clearer.  i
think my basic point is, keep this team together with a few minor
changes but nothing major, unless some numbskull from dallas offers us
something amazing.  that's all for now, and i just realized that this is
my first post back here since sometime before lockout.  hello again,
all.  not that you would remember me, but that's ok.

later, Jake