Mercer/Battie

Don't understand this feeling AT ALL. Battie has yet to prove he can
consistently perform at this level -- he gets manhandled in the post, and
we're all looking at him in terms of "potential" and "development." Mercer is
already among the top dozen at his position (don't believe me, look at Sports
Illustrated, which has him rated #11). Just take a look at their stats.

You can get a lot of 6'11, skinny jumping jacks who don't necessarily know how
to play the game -- see Keon Clark, for instance. Sizeable guards who can
drive with authority, jump out of the gym and display a sweet jumper don't
grow on trees.