Re: Bad News, Boss Hogg

>From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>

>We'll probably see a repeat of the Cavs/Clippers trade that saw Ron Harper
>shipped off for Danny Ferry and immediately become a star (until he blew
>out his knee, at least).

Actually I think this is a good analogy for Ron.  He's a very athletic
scorer, who reminds me a lot of a young Ron Harper.  I think Harper took it
to the hole better than Ron before the torn ACL, though, and I don't see
Mercer developing into a point guard, with or without a triangle offense,
but you never know.

>I mean it, if Rick ships Mercer off for anybody less than Tim Duncan, I am
>outta here.

Now this is just unreasonable.  I hope Ron stays, but if he demands so much
that you start losing other young talent, then he's got to go.  The C's are
not a cheap team anymore.  They've inked Walker to the max.  They've paid V
good money.  They've got Pierce to pay soon.  How many teams have three
really highly paid players?  If Mercer wants to be in that category, you
have to say that Pierce is too.

Jim