Peter, say it isn't so . . .

Don't be so downcast about the possibility of losing Mercer.  I really
like him, too, and hope we can keep him.  But I see us as having three
players we must keep:  Pierce, Potapenko, and Walker.  Mercer, if he
seeks too much (and I have no idea what level that is), will have to
be dealt.  It wouldn't be the first time an agent and player screwed
up their career over seeking too much money.  Rick Fox made a bad
decision, too.

If that happens, we could get value in return.  I'll wait and see how
this plays.  Pitino may feel that Battie is now more valuable.  Who
knows?   Best thing would be for us all to get a good two months nap
and wake up for the draft.

Cheers.   Gene