Bad News, Boss Hogg

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I see it as dire tidings indeed:

"Celtics coach Rick Pitino sounded pessimistic [after last night's game] that
Mercer will be back on the team next season, saying the second-year player's
salary demands could be more than Boston is willing to pay. "If we can't (sign
him), we'll get a very good player back -- or multiple good players," Pitino
said. ..."

For those (like me) who voted in favor of keeping Ron and believe he can
develop into a star, well, tough luck. Trader Rick is spinnin' and he clearly
believes he can bamboozle the rest of the league yet again. We'll probably see
a repeat of the Cavs/Clippers trade that saw Ron Harper shipped off for Danny
Ferry and immediately become a star (until he blew out his knee, at least).

I mean it, if Rick ships Mercer off for anybody less than Tim Duncan, I am
outta here. Sorry to sound fair-weather, but as I've said before, after
sticking with the team through bad luck, premature deaths and career-ending
injuries, to see them manufacturing their OWN bad luck through terrible
decisions really is a blow.