Re: Barros/Bucks

>Peter May wrote: "Barros plays the way Pitino wants his point guard to play."
>Based on this, he (and many others) advocate moving Kenny if we can. I would
>just caution here, we are talking 3 games! Do 3 games suddenly show Pitino or
>the rest of us something that Barros' multi-year tenure in Boston has not? All
>season long I've heard how this guy can't run the team, how play took a turn
>for the worse when Kenny would go to the bench. So let's rein in our
>enthusiasm here.

I don't think anyone is advocating trading Anderson so Barros can be the
big minute starter on this team. I certainly hope not. I certainly wouldn't
advocate that huge mistake. Dana has proven that the "exception" in his
career is effective point play...not the rule. I think Dana's effective
play just highlights how truly miserable Kenny is, and that he needs to
go...the sooner, the better. Now...a lot of people on this list seem to
think that it'll be easy to trade Kenny, and that the team will be able to
get an effective point guard to lead them into the playoffs. Anybody see
the Knicks play yesterday? The Knicks need a point...only because the two
they have are as ineffective as Kenny. Does the team swing some deal
swapping Kenny for one of those two miserable players? May as well keep KA.
Trade him for a stiff with a shorter contract. You can't play money....and
the Celtics MUST get into the playoffs next year. Wayne Turner? He knows
RP's system, but is he talented enough to overcome inexperience and zero
outside shooting? Not bad outside shooting, but from I've seen....zero.
Zero in college...zero in the pros. I know we all think the team needs a
pass first point, but a pass at all costs because you can't score point?
Anyway....I also think that what this year has shown is that the point
guard play is the most critical part of Pitino-ball. 82 games guys. Over 41
wins or...the Celtics become a lottery team looking for a coach, president
and gm. Peter D.,...get on that plane now.

Paul M.