RE: Bulpett: Budget Clouds Mercer's Future

We really need to see what Battie & Mercer think they are worth. Neither
has proven they have a complete game if they think they are worth too much
we will have to move them.  Both are athletic, but still are not star level
players worth risking another big contract on an unproven commodity.  But
with the salaries that mediocre players are getting,  someone is bound to
give them what they want.   Lorenzen Wright is a similar player with
something to show, and would be a nice pickup allowing us to move Walker to
the 3 spot.

The key question is whether veterans will play his style, or if he will
make the appropriate changes and move or lose players like Bowen, Minor,
Schintzius, Riley, Popeye.