Re: Pitino: I Can't Figure This Team Out

wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Listening to his Post-Game conference, Pitino
>  killed the idea of bringing Pierce off the
>  bench next season - was very snappy with a reporter
>  who suggested that next season, Battie should start at
>  power forward and Antoine at the 3; said Battie had a
>  long way to go defensively, and thought Pierce would
>  skedaddle when his contract was up, if he was the sixth
>  man. >

It is kindof scary that playing time and position is not given out based on
what is best for the team. When it seems obvious that Battie (or some free
agent PF) should be the starting PF with Walker at 3 and Pierce at 2, all we
can hope is that Mercer is traded to solve the starting lineup problem.
Either that or we can just continue to lose...

DJessen33