PIERCE

Pierce was playing great - and was being considered for Rookie of the Year.
Then Pitino criticized him for his being too predictable or something and
his game went south.  I think he took that hard - the criticism.  Perhaps
Pitino should have waited - Pierce would have, with experience, found new
moves.  I happen to think he can be a star player in this league.

Perhaps the reason Walker seems to be getting it from the fans at the Fleet
is because of his huge contract, the fact that he's supposed to be the
captain of this team, etc.  There's also the fact that he once again started
whining to the refs.  That is not going to help this team at all.  I was
very proud of him that he seemed to have stopped that this year, but with
tough times he's back to doing it.  I don't know if Pitino has different
standards/rules for the Kentucky players, but you certainly can get that
impression.

Dorine