Re: No Mas Mavs/Nowitski

--- j.hironaka@unesco.org wrote:
It was not at all clear from the news accounts whether Antoine himself got booed last night by the fans, or just his bad shots got booed. Did you see any moments where Antoine got booed just after receiving the ball, rather than only after he bricked a shot?
--- end of quote ---
I felt the vast majority of the boos followed bad shots, not just missed shots. The times when the booing really seemed to rain down from the rafters was after the times Walker would force up a shot before even looking to other offensive options. After all that has been said in the press, and after all Walker has said about taking the blame for the team's ineptness, I was shocked to see him come down the floor on more than one occasion and immediately toss up a shot from the outside. First, he is clearly in the middle of a shooting slump, not the best time to start taking any shot you can get. Generally when the team worked to create shots and move the ball around the floor there was no booing even if the shot was missed. But this rarely happened. I think for the most part people were disgusted by Walker (and I would add Pierce to this list) for taking so many shots, during an off night, before even exploring other offensive options.