Re: No Mas Mavs/Nowitski

Hi:

This would really clear things up for some of us who weren't there. It was not at all clear from the news accounts whether Antoine himself got booed last night by the fans, or just his bad shots got booed. Did you see any moments where Antoine got booed just after receiving the ball, rather than only after he bricked a shot? One thing's for sure, you can't blame the fan's clear disgust with Walker on the Boston media this year, since they have been far more kind toward the captain than they were last year.

Like Theresa, I doubt I could have booed just because I paid lots of money to watch them lose a game (to a playoff calibre team BTW). Maybe some jeers after the game was over? I really don't know. It's a tough call, but I'd say it's not hard for those who only watched the game on tv or not at all to feel a bit of righteous disgust at the atavistic, sadistic, hyena-like pleasure fans derive from egging on the team and individual players into playing worse and worse, as a means to justify our behavior by demonstrating that they all just plain suck in the first place.  I'd have walked out of there as disappointed with myself for getting off on all that booing as I would be with how badly my team played. Tough call, though. A chorus of boos (esp at the end of the game) could arguably serve as a wakeup call for some of the more obtuse players, depending really on just how far up their butts their heads are. Personally, I don't think they are quite that dense.

Joe

****