Walker for Baker would be silly

There is absolutely no way that Walker should be traded for Baker unless you
think that Baker is worth the maximum salary and that Seattle will pay it. Off
his performance since he's gotten to Seattle he is not worth the max and
they'd be nuts to pay it.

We could just as well trade Walker for a draft pick and then use his salary to
sign Baker. That way we'd have Baker AND a pick. Or if Seattle does pay Baker
the max then there's Joe Smith, Oakley, etc. who could be signed.

As for not trading our "stars" for picks because we'd have to take a step back
- what do you call this season? It's a step back if I ever saw one.

I suggest Anderson, Minor and next year's #1 to the Clippers for Wright (sign
& trade) + this year's #1.  Walker to Chicago for their #1. Sign Baker or
Brandon (if he doesn't resign with the T-Wolves). Draft Szerbiak (I have no
idea if that's how you spell it) and either a point or a PF depending on which
FA you sign.

End result:

C- VP, Wright, Battie

PF- Baker or another FA or Draft Pick, Battie, Popeye (if it's a pick then
start Battie)

SF - Szerbiak, Pierce, McCarty

SG - Mercer, Pierce, Bowen

PG - Brandon or Draft Pick, Barros

I would use Pierce as a 6th man/swingman. Red just said recently that you need
a top quality swingman to be a champion.

I'd still look to add another back up point instead of Dana.

George