RE: Very Good News From Michael Holley Via WEEI

>I personally am not crazy about this "good news" although the one
>possibility it raises is the idea of trading Kenny and Ron for an
>all-star point guard, like Jason Kidd or Gary Payton.  Of course I
>don't know how the salary stuff works -- can you trade two for one?

The team is now 7 games under .500...yes? I seem to remember a time when it
was possible for the Celtics to win 6,7,8 straight games...but that was
long before I started going grey and even longer before I started getting
up between 4 and 5 in the morning because...what the hell...the clock is
ticking. Anyway...I'm not crazy about this "good news" either, but to
respond...I don't think Ron and Anderson get you those two guys. It's
amazing how quickly Googs has faded into the background in Phoenix,
however,.....Kidd is having an unbelievable year...perhaps he's becomeing
THE point guard of the future...and I think Payton finishes his career with
Seattle. He's the only thing Westphal has going for him up there.
Also...Vin Baker is hurt again? Please....all this talk of trading for
Baker makes my skin crawl. But...maybe I've just had too much coffee.

>Re Pierce, I think Pitino needs to run some plays for him and Vitaly,
>but to be fair, I don't see Paul calling for the rock a lot, nor
>making himself available to passers.  Ron, oddly enough, is the only
>one who really seems to want the ball.  (other than Kenny, of course.)

Very nice on Kenny, Josh. Very nice.

>strange times.  Sooner or later, Pierce will be matched up against
>someone who can't handle him, and he will have a big game.  I really
>think there are enough shots to go around.

So do I. Jesus...are these guys going to lose again tonight? Let's hope the
Celtics put together some sort of win streak...before my son goes grey.

Paul M.