Re: VIN BAKER

>I think Baker would be a great addition to the team.
>
>He should be fine next season.  Any chance of the Celtics signing him
as a
>free agent?

*** Depends on how strong is his desire to be a Celt.  Hes been claiming
for years that he wants to go home and play for the Cs.  If he doesnt
demand for the maximum salary allowed for a 7 year veteran, I think the
Cs can squeeze him in.  We can also bring him in via the sign nd trade.
Im not sure if the 6 month policy would still stand next season.  Whom
to trade? Thats the Q!  Spare the Big 3 please.  Vin is also a poor free
throw shooter, perfect! Would surely fit in nicely. *grin*

>What are the chances of the Celtics being able to trade Walker?

***For Vin?  I dont think Pitino would pull the trigger on this.

>>Wait a minute!  Didn't Vin Baker come into the season all bloated up
and
>>overweight?  Hasn't he been whining and hasn't been playing well, if
he's
>>been playing at all?  Are you sure the Celts should want this guy?

*** This season is an aberration (as we all know).  During Vin's tenure
in Milwaukee, he was a pro thru and thru.  He wont be a negative
influence on our young players.   Though I dont think that he is a
strong presence in the locker room.  We would still need an Oakley type
of veteran who could provide some leadership/ maturity to the guys.

Just my two bits!