Re: Vin a Celtic

Vinny just dumped Falk as his agent and hired a Seattle based agent who
also represents Gary Payton.  His reasons for dumping Falk is that the
Evil Hand is always in DC and and he wants a degree of 'personal touch'
in Seattle from his agent.    Seems like he is inclined to remain with
the Sonics despite his prounouncement of wanting to return to New
England.  Bummer!

>As we continue to lose every game, my thoughts have started to turn to
next
>year, not that the Celtics can't put together a run and still make the
>playoffs. Regardless, a nice situation may be shaping for the the
Celtics. If
>Pitino has decided to jettison Walker and upgrade the power forward
position,
>we may be in a nice position. As MikeCeltic has pointed out, Boston
favorite
>son Vin Baker has stated he would like to be a Celtic in the past and
he
>hasn't been resigned by the Sonics and will be a free agent. The Bulls
will
>have a boatload of free agent money available and have coveted their
homeboy,
>Walker. We have a situation where, if Vin wanted to go only to the
Celtics, we
>can play one team on the other, the Bulls on the Sonics and get the
best deal,
>albeit we would have to deal Walker to get the deal done. With the
Sonics,
>they sign and trade Vin to us for Walker. With the Bulls, they sign
Baker and
>trade him to us for Walker.The only requirements for this to work are
that the
>Bulls want Walker and/or the Sonics want to get something for Baker.
Dependent