Another lurker (mostly)

Well, in light of all the introductions lately, I thought I'd throw my hat
in the ring...

I did introduce myself soon after I began subscribing to the list about 4 or
5 years ago, back when I was still on AOL and Walker/Mercer/McCarty/Pitino
were all still at Kentucky.

Born in Maine, I was raised in SE Mass where at the tender age of 9 or 10, I
found a book at the library about basketball, a sport that I was drawn to
like a moth to a flame. Being the first book of basketball I'd ever
encountered, I considered it THE book of basketball. Of course, it happened
to be all about this guy named Red Auerbach and how he singled-handedly
created the world of professional basketball by creating its most dominating
team, the Celtics. At least, that's how I remember it...    :-)

It helped that Larry Bird had just joined these same Celtics and was
restoring the franchise to its former glory.

I went to high school in New Hampshire, where I reveled in the 2 mid-80's
championships.

Then began a journey which eventually took me to Oklahoma and took the
Celtics to the bottom of the league. While in that midwest no-man's land, I
was introduced to this thing called the Internet by AOL (I was stupid), and
the first thing I did was search for Celtics information. I found my way to
Jason Drisko's web page where lay the link to my dreams: the Celtics mailing
list.

Now, of course, I'm no longer on AOL, nor am I in Oklahoma. I find it
fortunate that I was able to relocate to Portland, Maine at a time when the
Celts are in the early stages of their 2nd return to glory -- and I do
believe that's what we're witnessing, despite the youth, the mistakes, the
bad shots, etc.

I encourage everyone to keep the faith! The David Stern & the NBA can't keep
screwing us over forever (that's fah-evah to you, Joe ;-)

Rich D.

(the last name is in the email address -- the D. is to keep me separate from
the other Rich's on the list)