Mercer's shot?

>Mercer is lost and is beginning to show his failings,...

So...suddenly he starts taking threes? 1-4? He actually shot four last
night? Anybody want to guess why? The presence of the opposing shooting
guard perhaps? Perhaps Pitino spoke to him about his range? Maybe he's
trying anything he can to get out of his slump? Perhaps those are the only
open shots he's able to get? Did he actually go 3-11 in the second half
last night? As much as I've moaned and whined about his lack of range and
the problems I think it creates for the offense...I really feel bad for the
kid. His shot really has gone south pretty quickly. Let's hope he snaps out
of it, because if the past is any indication, Kenny's shot should return to
earth with a clank soon, and you certainly don't want your starting
backcourt stinking it up on the offense every night. "At the scorers table,
coming in for Mercer is...Bruce Bowen."

Paul M.