George Karl Thinks The C's Can Make The Playoffs

                  Steve Bulpett
                  Boston Herald - 3/19/99
                  <snippage>
                  Here come the Green

                  Milwaukee coach George Karl is anticipating a late-season
                  Celtic push for the playoffs.

                  ``Well, I had them as a playoff team coming into this
                  season,'' he said. ``I thought Detroit, Boston and,
                  hopefully, ourselves were going to be the teams that
                  challenged the Charlottes and the Atlantas and the
                  lower-echelon playoff teams.''

                  Karl and Pitino have similar attacking styles, so it's not
                  surprising that the Buck leader enjoys the Celtic game.

                  ``I love how they play,'' Karl said. ``I like Rick's
                  mentality. He's making adjustments to the pro game, but
                  his fundamental demands are still first-class.''