Peter Vecsey Immolates Mitch Lawrence

Well if you think that things get heated on this list, it's
nothing compared to the real world as exhibited by this Peter
Vecsey scathing attack on Mitch Lawrence:

In dismissing my report that a loss against
Charlotte could result in the firing of Jeff Van
Gundy, Larry Johnson claimed I have no idea what's
going on. This from a guy who said during a recent
Xs and Os chalk talk by Van Gundy, begged the coach
to use less letters so he'd keep up.

Following my report, the Daily News' Mitch Lawrence
branded me Ernie Grunfeld's No. 1 media crony.
Hey if you haven't tried it, don't knock it. In fact,
it might serve Lawrence well if he put in the time
and got himself an NBA crony instead of a European
one. That way he wouldn't have to keep makin'
things up, or rippin' off the competition. He may
be fooling his editor and a few readers, but he
hasn't fooled anyone in the league for years.

The last league source Lawrence had was in the
League of Nations. He'd better hope his employer's
subscription doesn't lapse and his TV doesn't go on
the blink, or he'll never know what' going on.