Re:Fake ID's

Nice one Douglas. I'm a former Cambridge kid myself (Chauncy Street between Mass
Ave and Garden Street). I remember first hearing about Patrick Ewing when he was a
14-years-old Jamaican immigrant and his HS coach at Cambridge Rindge & Latin was
the Johnnies' Mike Jarvis (the only black man I've ever seen with such a thick New
England accent).

One thing I've noticed, however, is that the IGTC.COM homepage gets automatically
spidered by the major search engines from time to time. If you try to do a search
of your own name or e-mail address in, say, Excite, don't be surprised if it calls
up a (usually dead) link to some wicked retarded opinion you may have posted many
months ago. So from a privacy and dignity standpoint, I can respect the right of
people who seek to disguise their true identity, if that's their thing.

But in the end we're talking about the Celtics list, not the "X-dressing Hitler
fan" list. Be proud. If you're into the NBA, then as far as I'm concerned you're
either a Boston Celtics fan or you wanna be.

Personally, I would only take issue with guys who hide smugly behind fake monikers
in order to flame people or say deliberately ridiculous things. Say what you want
about their specific views (that's what this Celts list is for), but I credit Greg
Ode, Mennino, Forant or McMaster for putting their names at the end of their often
strong opinions. I mean we were all raised by dad to stand up for ourselves.

So if anyone ever takes issue with one of my silly posts, you all know which
government building in Paris to bomb. One benefit of being raised in New England
is the right to make corny jokes.

Joe

*****