RE: Unmasking the Ghost

Hi all,

I am Anthony Clavano, a 27 year old guy from LA and presently in the
Philippines.  I am in the business field thats why I spend some time
here in Manila, sometimes in the US.  Ive been a Boston fan since I was
5 but started to be a a rabid one after the 81 Championship.  My Dad was
a big fan of Hondo.  We were living in Cleveland then and I recall that
bball was not huge a sport in Cleveland back then (well, even at
present, it still isn't :) ) We were only a few of the handful who cared
about bball, much more, about the C's.  I still keep the Hondo poster
that my Dad purchased til now.  Ive been to Boston only once, and I
liked the city.  Too bad I wasnt able to watch a game since the Cs were
already out of the race then.  The reason why I chose Champ17 as a nick
was hhhmm....just for kicks maybe, not to hide anything or coz I am
overconscious about privacy as others might have thought.   Some people
on this list had already privately emailed me and ask about my identity,
and I gladly responded to their queries.  So there, Championship 17 has
been unfurled :).

Ive been a member (usually as a lurker :) )of this list since the start
of the 97-98 season and I tremendously enjoyed the postings of almost
everyone.  The articles and knowledge of Ray/ MG/ WC/ (Uncle Vasya
too?)(though he's been bitten by the Clipper bug these days *grins*),
the wisdom of Dorine (who always reminds us about P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E), the
cap knowledge of Kim and Jeremy, the game recaps of Bill Cooper, the
astute, engaging,  funny posts of everyones fave Joe, Jim Menino
(remember : Kenny talks bout penetration? *grins*) and Josh (who would
forget about Banana Boy?), of course Snoopy too who always make me go
LOL with his/her messages, the statiscal analyses of Alex Wang and Ken,
the funny sarcasm of George and Paul M. *grins* , Jim Mc's insights,
Peter Delvett's fascination of Eric Riley :) and his knowledge of
college players, the youthful exuberance of Warwick, Mikes (the two
Mikes) who provide us with Celtic history every now and then, and the
guy from AZ, (sorry, his name escapes me right now, but I like his
postings, a SWest Coast point of view), and the rest who have really
made this list worth reading and worth lookin forward to every AM.
Thanks all and hope the Cs develop quickly as individuals and as a team.
At present, they are consistently inconsistent.  Im getting tired of
this roller coaster ride, I am lookin forward to next year wherein they
would have the benefit of the training camp.  Whatever we attain this
year, personally, would  just be a bonus.  With the presence of the Big
3 and the BIG 4th, we would surely be one of the elite teams in the
league next year.  The foundation of a dynasty has already been
established.  Lets just sit back and relax and watch these guys mature
on and off the court.  Its gonna be an exciting ride.  Again, thanks
everyone and keep those messages coming :)

'A'