"Francis Will Be a Great Point Guard"

And Harold Miner is the next Michael Jordan.

I admit that I haven't watched a great deal of Terrapin basketball
this year, but give me a break.  Francis has played ONE SEASON of ACC
basketball.  He appears to be a scorer with great athletic ability.
So was Antonio Daniels.  Doesn't make either of them an NBA point
guard.  What indication does Francis give that he can actually run a
pro offense?

Francis strikes me as a classic 'tweener -- almost like a Chauncey
with better hops but without the defensive ability.  And Elton Brand
is a 6'6" forward who hasn't shown that he can score from outside the
paint.  Both of them play like men among boys -- the problem, as it
always is, is what happens when they have to play among men.

The Celtics need somebody who can control the flow and create high
percentage shots for his teammates (who are pretty good scorers in
their own right).  Kenny Anderson has at least shown the potential to
be that kind of player, and it'll be interesting to see if he can do
that after a full Pitino training camp with this team.  Or maybe Rick
can talk Kevin McHale into a sign and trade -- Kenny for Terrell
Brandon (who IS the type of point guard the Celtics need).  The more I
think about it, the less I miss this year's draft pick.

Michael Gooen