Alligator wrestling

Did you all see Potapenko wrestle both the ball and Lorenzen Wright?
Tossed him right out of the ring. Our very own Hulk Hogan can also pass,
shoot free throws (not to mention a decent jump shot), and knows how
to run the pick&roll. I can't overstate how different things look with him in
the middle - the rest of the team is less frenetic and has more breathing
room
to play their own positions. Yes, this was a *good* trade. Kudos to RP for
getting
him without giving up Walker/Pierce/Mercer.

Although it was just the Clips, it was good to see the Cs (and Anderson)
break out offensively. Lots of smiles all the way around, including a huge
one from RP after Greg Minor hit a bunch of treys.

I like Rodney Rogers, although that would further cement Antoine at the 4
spot, and we'd give up height and shotblocking if Battie left.
On another note, Chris Ford looks like an old man, and his quotes in the
Herald this morning made it sound very much like he's just doing this for
the money ("I still have two kids in college").  And on yet another note, I
wouldn't call this year's draft weak.  Folks were saying that about last
year's draft too, because so many underclassmen had left.  Actually there
are more seniors this year, and with the new bargaining agreement tying
salary to draft pick number, look for some of the top tier talent stay an
extra year to improve their draft position.  And as for point guards,
anybody know the whereabouts of Anthony Parker (of Hawaii)?  He was
considered very hot stuff for awhile.

--Ellie