Re: Greg O, master sociologist

-----Original Message-----
From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>
To: Odegaard, Greg M. <GMOdegaa@rmc.com>; Celtics <Celtics@igtc.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 1999 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: Greg O, master sociologist

>General Sherman was a Northerner. That's why he burned Atlanta (which, BTW,
>agree is a boring town).
>
>I'm saying this somewhat tongue in cheek, Greg, and I appreciate your not
>flaming me before. I know absoluteley no-one wants to hear us debate
>interregional relations. But while I agree with some of what you're saying,
>disagree that racism or xenophobia are Southern-fried specialties. Remember
>Bensonhurst?

Geez, I am really torn between lurking and saying this, but, what the heck.
How about forced busing, Louise Day Hicks and the recurring debate about the
Metco Program?  The Northern states do not have an unblemished record
either.  There were more race related crimes in New Hampshire in 1995 than
there were in some of the southernmost points in America.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

We currently stand at 7-12 with the next 7 games versus:

  LAC - Wed - (W)
@MIL - Thur - (?)
@NYK- Sat  - (L)
@CLE- Tue - (?)
  MIN  - Wed - (L)
@PHI -  Fri -   (?)
   IND  - Sun -  (?)

This is not the easiest schedule in the world after the Clips visit.  I can
see us perhaps defeating Cleveland in VP's big return, but am really afraid
of where we could be at the end of this little stretch of road.  I am being
totally pessimistic?

Cecil