Re: Walker out to Kenny and...clank!

You are right.  The really good shooters knock down those open jumpers,
even from beyond the arc.  You only need to watch Mullin and Miller.
This team does have a player like that, though, in Pierce.  He's got
phenomenal range.  And it doesn't bother me that he's a forward.  If
anything, his man will be less willing to get out there with him.
Walker also shoots that shot as well as he shoots any shot.  Which is to
say, he's got the range, but is inconsistent from everywhere.  Barros
too will be on the floor a lot.  He's a much better shooter than he's
shown in the last few weeks.  Offensively I think it's more a matter of
making the right plays at the right time than a deficiency in any one
specific skill.

Jim

>From: damekmo@teleport.com
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: Walker out to Kenny and...clank!
>Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:50:49 -0900

>He gets a wide open shot, he takes it, with confidence. Is passing >out
to Mercer close to the three point line for an open shot ever an