RE: Hell of a trade -- here's why

I think most people overrate the talent on this team.  Mercer & Walker are
extremely athletic, but are terribly inconsistent. Barros & Minor have not
been moved because there isn't anyone who wants them.  Mercer has no long
range capability.  I would take Kobe over him every time.  Kobe has
exceptional moves and is an excellent rebounder. He has the talent to be
the next Jordan, where Mercer, unless he can get a decent jumper will just
be another Kendall Gill type player, average, but not the go to guy.  AU
can not play the 4 against physical 4's like Malone Grant etc.  He gets
killed. He is a finesse player. We need to sign Lorenzen Wright for the 4
spot. 25 boards last night. When is the last time you can remember a Celtic
getting even 15 ?  Hopefully we can move Anderson for a draft pick.  We
know why he has been traded so much.  Maybe Potapenko at $6M a year is not
so ridiculous, but we are a long way from being able to compete with the
Lakers after the recent moves..

On Friday, March 12, 1999 8:00 AM, damekmo@teleport.com
[SMTP:damekmo@teleport.com] wrote:

> > What's awful is that we have the talent we need, and still can't score.
 This