Maybe it'll work out...

OK...so after a little nap and some hot cocoa I've calmed down...and maybe
this trade will actually work out. But first, you realize of course that
it's just frustrating to see Pitino make all these moves and continually
pick up the El Bustos of the world. Just once I'd like to see the Celtics
actually trade for a certifiable stud. Just once I'd like to look at a
trade and think, "Now that's what I'm talkin' about...he can fill it up." I
mean...my question about value still stands. I really only see 3 players on
this team who will bring NBA skills every night. McCarty had a nice little
game tonight. Great...he can do it again this month and it'll be an
improvement. Nobody's on the phone begging Pitino to part with McCarty or
any of the players he's brought in. Travis Knight for Battie? If McCarty
weren't on the team, nobody would notice. He does zero to effect the
win/loss column. So....Vitaly Potapenko? He's big...he's strong...the team
defintiely needs size and he defitiely has it. Does he have a dependable
inside scoring game? Can you toss it in to him and watch him work for a
basket? Is he not going to be a foul machine? I'll say this much...if the
guy can help out in the halfcourt offense...even just a little bit...he'll
be of some use. Now....does Pitino know how to make the most of what skills
he might offer to a halfcourt offense? I really want this to work out. If
not, Vitaly leaves and they've dumped cap space...so something good comes
of it.

Paul M.