DeClerc + No. 1 for Potapenko

 The Herald is reporting that the C's may be close to a deal with
Cleveland that would send DeClerc plus the C's number one pick for
Potapenko.  This deal is interesting, but I'm not sure that Potapenko is
worth the lottery pick that the C's will likely have this off season.

Potapenko is a big body that the C's could desperately use, but if you
look at the numbers, DeClerc is being just as productive as Potapenko is
when you factor in the difference in minutes played.  Someone will have
to remind me exactly how effective of a low post defender Potapenko is.
We don't really need him to score more than 10 points a game, but can he
handle the low post defensive duties the C's so desperately lack?

Todd