A #1 pick prospect

Sorry to get off the clearly enjoyable post trade talk, and I have spoken of
MacCulloch before, but please read the ESPN preview comments today for their
afternoon game with Miama of Ohio in the Midwest regional.  Of course it
might not matter if the pick drops into the lottery and Cleveland opts to
take it.  It might if we avoid the lottery, I like to dream big, and
Cleveland passes on it this year, meaning it is a mid round selection which
is where he could go anyway. He is the big guy in the draft this year that
could help the right the right team immediately, though with RP's scheme he
might be the exact wrong center for the future for our Celtics. But as a 5th
year senior, he can improved greatly each season, and appears committed to
play NBA center, which there are less and less of all the time.

He is not that slow footed and as noted fills the lane very well, while
being a monster on the offensive end in well over half the games this year
(of course winning a few more would have been nice).  I think it was versus
Cal, before the Standford game, that MacCulloch dominated with stats that
were hard to believe on the road.

Food for thought, GO DAWGS!!!, and have a good day off John,
Greg

"Todd MacCulloch, a mountain of a senior at seven feet and 280 pounds, leads
Washington. He averages 19 points and 12 rebounds while shooting 66.2
percent from the field. There are few, if any, players MacCulloch's size at
the collegiate level and he is almost unstoppable in the paint when he gets
the ball in the low post.
Bob Bender uses a three-guard allignment to give MacCulloch the space he
needs. Deon Luton and Donald Watts provide most of the offensive firepower
on the periemter. Luton averages 14.5 points per game while Watts, the son
of former NBA player Slick Watts, averages 12.5 points, 3.7 assists and
makes 46.7 percent of his 3-point attempts.
The third guard is freshman Senque Carey, who replaced the injured Dan
Dickau. More of an offensive threat than Dickau, Carey contributes 8.9
points and 3.1 assists per game. Washington goes eight deep overall as Chris
Walcott, Thalo Green and Greg Clark spell the starters.
Washington leads the Pac-10 Conference in shooting at 47.7 percent and is
fifth in scoring at 74.8 points per game. Defensively, MacCulloch's presence
on the inside forces teams to shoot from the perimeter, where opponents are
making only 31.6 percent from beyond the arc."