The only deal I would make

Folks, I don't chip in much, but I do read 'em all!

I believe the C's most pressing need is at the point guard position.  KA
just walks the ball up the floor, then looks to drive, shoot, then pass, and
we all know that is bass-ackward.  If you are going to be a guard who walks
the ball up, you need to be taller than Kenny (to see over the set
defenses), and shoot better than Kenny (to bail the team out with the clock
running down and to keep the defenses honest).  In other words, a slow down
team like the Celtics of the '80s needed a guard like Dennis Johnson.

But of course that is not this team is it?  Why in the world does KA just
trot the ball up the floor? I say trade him, and get some young hungry
guard, who at LEAST will make his mistakes from trying to push the ball.

Now to Dana..  We all now that Dana is no point guard, and he has proven
that over and over.  Dana is valuable because he works hard, can shoot the
threes, and is a veteran.  Dana is also expendable because, as Cous once
said (actually, he said it when ML Carr signed Dana) "the CBA is full of
guys who can shoot the three)

And finally:  BOY do I miss the pick and roll.  We haven't seen anyone in
beantown do that since Larry and the Chief.  What is the purpose of sitting
a pick for you point guard is he can't make the entry pass on the roll?
Both Kenny and Dana, when the pick is set, dribble SIDEWAYS across the
court, AWAY from the guy who set the pick.  It just frustrates the heck out
of me.

So I say:  Keep the nucleus of Pierce, Mercer and Walker.  Find a floor leader.

And now back to our regular programming........

Mark Estepp				828 262 3111
Appalachian State University			828 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu