talent

I think the frustration is greater because we do have talent.  Not
that we don't need experienced (or very talented) big men, but we have
more talent and since they aren't together yet, the frustration is
greater.

But, we're tearing into Mercer for weaknesses that have to do with
weak team defense.  No one handles one on one very well without help.
Give him and Kenny good low defense and the results will be fine.  And
Kenny is an excellent talent.  Give him the rebounding and team
defense and he will lead the offense.  (I also want a speedy point in
the draft).

Our optimism was too tied to Pierce.  Once he had a few bad games,
the chemistry faded.  Give us a little time and patience.  One trade
and one draft pick will go a long ways toward 47 wins next season.
I'm patient; but I'm old and have acquired that from having children
of my own.

Gene