Celtic Questions

It seems we have turned into nothing but a jump shooting team. I know we
are weak in the up front strength area, but it is ridiculous to just
shoot jumpers from all over the place. Personally I think that Walker is
at his best creating shots down low, but he either isn't getting into
position or he is not getting the ball in the right place at the right
time. Like it or not I think what the C's must do is start either Popeye
or Battie as the Power Forward to free up Antoine to play more small
forward, this will allow him to move more freely without the ball. We
have to get more out of Popeye and Battie or I'm afraid it will be a
long season. Jump shooting teams just don't get to the main event.

Pierce must be the 6th man, he can do more damage here than as a
starter. He seems to get in a funk early in the game if things aren,t
going well for him. Let him watch the flow early and see where he can do
his damage. I personally see a lot of Havlicek in him and we all know
how great Hondo was as the first guy in. But, remember he ain't Hondo!

The best and only jump shooter we have is Mercer who can be deadly, they
don't seem to have plays to set picks for him. He is the guy who is our
only streak shooting threat that all teams love to have. We just don't
use him right. You can't make jump shooters out of players like Pierce
and Antoine, they have to do their damage from down low.

I haven't read about one trade on this list that would make us any
better(Clippers trade was Bogus, no team in their right mind even the
Clips trades 2 big men for a jump shooting guard). There is one big man
available and I don't think it would be that costly. Dikembe wants out
of Atlanta and vice versa. Unfortunately we don't have an abundance of
quality players of what they need in a trade. They miss Laettner a lot
who was an inside presence and this type player is a must in any trade
with them.

Just time killing,

Hart