Re: Ouch...

>This has got to be the worst Celtic team in history when it comes to free
>throws. Maybe Pitino can hire Wilt to come in and teach them a few pointers.
>If I was coaching against them I would send them to the line for most of the
>4th quarter. YUCK!
>
>George

I just don't get it. How tough is it for players at the NBA level to hit
70% of their free throws? It's really appalling to watch these guys brick
it up time after time. Why run and rebound and "wiggle" when a couple of
"free" throws can spare you some agony. How can people stroke threes so
easily and not be able to make 60% of a shot any high school girl can make?
It's really agonizing to watch games be pissed away because free throws
don't make SportsCenter or are the most boring part of the video games you
say you play 4 hours a day. Practice your goddamn free throws people!
Complicated offenses with Blitzkrieg names, Byzantine defenses, video,
computers, scouting,five goddamn assistant coaches, ballboys waterboys,
vice presidents up the wazoo: Screw it!!! Practice your goddamn free throws
people! Pitino ought to fine anybody who wiggles or otherwise showboats
unless it's at the line after a rare made free throw. George is right, Hack
a Shaq'ing the whole Celtic team   in the fourth quarter seems like a
reasonable strategy. Geez, the next thing you know, that crotchety old
"depressed" Cousy will start mumbling about those modern players being
unsound fundamentally or something.