Re: Jerry Stackhouse For Theo Ratliff

While I would trade Mercer, I certainly would be selective
in whom, I would deal him for.  Eldon Campbell, nyet; Michael
Olowokandi if he's healthy, mais oui.  I don't recall any Mercer
trades I might have proposed that had him being dealt for a
big stiff, so I have to disagree with your statement.

But I promise, no more examples of successful shooting guard
trades.

My last comment is that conditions are favorable for a Mercer
deal.  The NBA is so topsy-turvy and turned upside-down this
season that a team like the Celtics could go far in the
playoffs, if they had one legitimate presence in the post.
There will be a decent replacement for Mercer available in
the upcoming draft that's rich with shooting guard/small
forward types, and Bruce Bowen's lack of offense could be
compensated for, if there was another offensive presence
in the front court, and Pierce keeps hitting three pointers.
But in all likelihood, Mercer is probably here to stay.
Hopefully, a Lari Ketner type will be available when the
C's are drafting.
MG

Jim Meninno <jim_meninno@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Grouchy,
>
> I'm sure Josh, Joe and Paul will reply to you in time, but just so
that
> I don't have to read through a litany of trade archives, no one has
said
> that you don't or can't trade small for big, have they?  They said,
now
> listen here, it get's' really complicated, you don't trade a player
like
> Mercer just because you need size.  Size is nothing without talent.
If