Re: Jerry Stackhouse For Theo Ratliff

Hey Grouchy,

I'm sure Josh, Joe and Paul will reply to you in time, but just so that
I don't have to read through a litany of trade archives, no one has said
that you don't or can't trade small for big, have they?  They said, now
listen here, it get's' really complicated, you don't trade a player like
Mercer just because you need size.  Size is nothing without talent.  If
the Spurs were willing to part with Duncan for Mercer, I don't think
you'd get many objections.  It's just that the names that yourself and
others have been throwing around have either been no talent stiffs, or
over the hill, heavy contract laden fading superstars.

Otherwise, excellent points, as always.

Jim