Re: Heinsohn high on C's

Peter Vecsey right as usual.  Hmmm.  Will Pitino
deal Mercer before the deadline for a big person?
Lots of shooting guard/small forward types available
in the draft -- Quincy Lewis, Rolando Beregerson,
Ron Artest, Jumaine Jones, Wally Szczerbiak, Shawn Marion,
Richard Hamilton, James Posey, Luke Recker? Jamel Thomas,
Vonteego Cummings, Michael Redd? Lamar Odom, Rodney Buford --
to find a replacement for Mercer.  If Bowen had any type
of shooting touch or outside shot, Mercer would have been
already traded.
MG

Vinny Natale <vnatale@map.com> wrote:

> Heinsohn high on C's
> With the Celtics impressing in wins over the Magic, Knicks and Nets,
Tom
> Heinsohn enters tonight's expected return romp over the Nets (FSNE,
7:00)
> spouting superlatives - when he's not ripping referees. And he's
drawing
> company.
> NBC-Turner's Peter Vecsey said: ``The Celtics can sneak into the
playoffs
> without a center because they have so much firepower, They have four
excellent
> players now. The second name out of my mouth - after Jason Williams
- in the
> first show was Paul Pierce. He's something to see.
> ``It seems (Antoine) Walker is finally getting into shape. I can't
understand
> how he got so out of it considering the kind of money he signed for
($71
> million).
> ``The bench is weak, but the only asset (Rick) Pitino could get rid
of is Ron
> Mercer. Yeah, the Celtics could sneak in. You just don't know this
season -
> teams are so tired.''
> NBA

==