Heinsohn high on C's

With the Celtics impressing in wins over the Magic, Knicks and Nets, Tom
Heinsohn enters tonight's expected return romp over the Nets (FSNE, 7:00)
spouting superlatives - when he's not ripping referees. And he's drawing
company.
NBC-Turner's Peter Vecsey said: ``The Celtics can sneak into the playoffs
without a center because they have so much firepower, They have four excellent
players now. The second name out of my mouth - after Jason Williams - in the
first show was Paul Pierce. He's something to see.
``It seems (Antoine) Walker is finally getting into shape. I can't understand
how he got so out of it considering the kind of money he signed for ($71
million).
``The bench is weak, but the only asset (Rick) Pitino could get rid of is Ron
Mercer. Yeah, the Celtics could sneak in. You just don't know this season -
teams are so tired.''
NBA