Re: Sprewell/Mercer

>>Well, Mercer can do one of those things (shoot the mid-range jumper). He
>>can't slash to the hoop at all, let alone with the effectiveness of
>>Sprewell. His ball-handling is terrible and he's not a good finisher in
>>traffic.
>>
>>Mark
>
>Took the words right out of my mouth, Mark. Last night we saw the perfect
>shooting guard for a Pitino team. It's too bad he isn't going anywhere.
>Latrell was absolutely spectacular in that second half. A joy to watch. But
>Ron is still young...still developing. Who knows?
>
>Paul M.

But, Sprewell is still a 40% shooter, and missed the last 2 knick shots.  The
last one during (what seemed like) the longest 2.1 seconds.  Receive pass,
acouple of head fakes, dribble to other side of rim, miss fallaway.  I think
and hope Mercer will develop this year.  Last year was not a good year, and
the C's should wait to see the imrpovement before giving up the big bucks. (as
they should have with Walker).

Rich