Is Ricky after Odom?

>Mike Monroe in the Denver Post today says Pitino would love to
>trade up for a top five pick using Mercer as the bait...
>Ray

Since everyone seems to believe that this is a miserable draft, and since
Ricky's told us that everyone's been after Mercer since he came into the
league, trading Ron for a top five pick should be pretty easy. I also read
Mike Munroe's column, Way, and couldn't help but think about Pitino's
promise/desire to get older and wiser. I figured Mercer was going for an
NBA vet....not a rookie point guard. Does he trade Mercer for a draft pick
and then package the pick with Anderson and ???? for a pf...or veteran
point guard? But what about Odom? I think the guy's dropping quickly...yes?
Perhaps Ricky wants to trade into the top 5 because he believes he can get
Lamar. Do you trade Mercer for Odom and put him at the point...eventually
moving Anderson, giving you Walker at the 3...Pierce at sg....Odom at the
point.....Battie at pf. Assuming, by some miracle...or nightmare, depending
on your point-of-view...that Pitino trades into the top 5 and Miller, Odom,
and Baron Davis are are still on the board, can you actually pass on Odom?
Even if you want/need a point guard, isn't he too tempting to pass up.
While I love Baron Davis there seems to be some question about his health.
Miller vs. Odom? Miller's a solid/nice player. Odom is.....? Don't you have
to take Odom? Doesn't he bring more to the point position than Miller? More
than Davis, I'm not so sure. However, in the end, Ricky will probably take
a pass on the draft and return with the same players. Right about now some
new rumors would be welcome. Dear God...will Wednesday never come?

Paul M