Re: Bulpett: Stackhouse Trade Not Being Discussed Heavily

--- You wrote:
It's hard to believe someone who watches the team
closely could so underestimate Potapenko.  Luc Longley
never had V's post moves for a minute in his life.
--- end of quote ---

It may be simply that Bulpett is prejudiced against Euro players. Before
Sarunas Marciulionis's first season in the NBA, Bulpett predicted that
Marciulionis "will never be an NBA player", or something along these lines. Of
course, Marciulionis went on to become an important part of the GS Warriors,
averaging 19 ppg in one season and almost winning the Sixth Man award, before
injuries prematurely ended his playing career.
Besides, why should we expect basketball scribes to have any ability to
evaluate talent? If they did, they'd be making much more $ as NBA scouts. As
far as I'm concerned, Bulpett's most valuable quality as a basketball writer is
not being Peter May (who just laid it all out in yesterday's column, first
deifying Timmy D., then demonizing Walker by calling Duncan the "anti-Antoine",
among other things).