Re: Peter May (TSN) Celtics Report

Jeez, what a pile of crap this is.  No real surprise though
considering May wrote it.

> Boston Celtics
>    Team Report posted JUNE 17, 1999
>
>      By TSN correspondent
>      Peter May
>      Boston Globe

>      Had the Celtics kept their No. 1 pick, they might have been able to use it
>      to extract a veteran.

Let me get this straight.  If we didn't trade the first round pick (since when had
we won the number one pick???) for Potapenko, we could have traded the pick
now for some veteran?  Last I checked, there seems to be a consensus that
no first round pick this year is worth trading any veteran of value.  After all, it's
not like Vancouver has people kicking in the door trying to get their pick.

>     But getting a veteran to come to Boston by his own volition may be hard.
>     Most don't like to play that style of play.

Again, this is garbage.  Where the hell was Peter May the last month of the season?
We know for a fact that more than one veteran expressed a willingness to come to
Boston to play Pitino-ball.

>      Pitino, however, has an
>      historically itchy trigger finger.

What?  What "history"?  You don't have any history after two seasons.  Especially
not with a team that's rebuilding form the ground up.  Let's see what happens this
summer and next season before we start talking history.  If half of last year's team
is gone by the end of next season then we can talk about "an historically itchy trigger
finger."

Let's have some real news already.  Can't wait for the wheeling and dealing to start
next Thursday!

Jonathan