rebound

There is an ESPN article about what Camby was doing:

Even more frustrating for the Knicks was
how Duncan got the inside track for the
rebound. Duncan said Camby and the
Knicks were talking to the refs and "trying
to do something funky," instead of watching
Elliott's free throw.

"They were talking to the referee, and we saw it," Duncan said. "Sean
shot the
ball, and I just kind of took off before they could. Luckily, it bounced
my way,
and I tapped it in there."

Duncan said the Knicks weren't distracted for long -- but it was long
enough.

"It gave me like a second," he said. "They saw the ball go up, but I got
a step on
them."

As expected, Camby said the error occurred because the referee was
talking to
him.

"Me and Latrell (Sprewell) had our arms locking (onto Duncan). (The ref)
was
saying move down, move down. He was talking to us, then the ball got
shot,"
Camby said.

Added Sprewell, "It was just a mental mistake on our part."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs99/frozen/game2.html

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net