Re: Unimpressive Spurs

Well, I guess it depends on your version of impressive.  The Spurs have two
centers we would be glad to have.  Sean Elliott is not the player he was years
ago, but we could use him.  Avery Johnson gets the job done.  Would you really
rather have Kenny Anderson?  Jarren Jackson has been around, but is happy to be
here and doesn't whine.  Their overall defense is great.  They play well
together as a team.  Steve Kerr has some rings, as does Elle (sp?).  Their
coach is not getting out coached.  Maybe not flashy.  Maybe not overwhelming.
But a good team and one that is playing great together with two great players
on it.

BTW, if Ewing was healthy, it would be San Antonio vs Indiana Pacers.

One of the biggest differences that I can see is that the Spurs have generally
been able to contain Camby and keep him off the boards.  And Camby's
weaknesses, like when he let Duncan go to the glass on a miss free throw, are
being exposed by the quickness of Duncan and Robinson.

--

Bentz Kirby
bocelts@usit.net