New target

If we can't land Rasheed Wallace (or maybe instead of Wallace), I'm ready to
turn our attention to Theo Ratliff. Apparently, Larry Brown grew
disenchanted with Ratliff because of what Brown perceived as a lack of
toughness during the playoffs. (Ratliff missed some games with an injury.)
There is talk in Philly of a trade sending Ratliff to Vancouver for the No.
2 pick.

Any trade probably would have to be a three-way deal for a number of
reasons. No. 1, Philly doesn't have a great need for Mercer. No. 2, the
Pitino-
Brown feud probably would preclude a straight-up trade. No. 3, salaries
would demand Anderson be involved and Philly probably has no interest.
(Although a Mercer-Anderson-Battie for Ratliff-Snow trade sounds like a good
match to me.)

I can't believe Brown is thinking of trading this guy, but if I'm Pitino,
I'm trying everything in my power to get him to Boston. He is the perfect
power forward for this team.

Mark