Re:

I dislike the aesthetics of "dump down" basketball
too, but the Houston rockets won back to back
championships in teh mid 90s by letting Hakeem
Olajuown, the most dominant center of his time,
operate down load on every play and then either score
or kick it out to a shooter.  That was literally their
whole offense.