Re: Will someone explain this need for a power forward to me?

>From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
>
>Why do we need a power forward?  We have our tough
>guy/enforcer at center; a nonscoring shotblocker at 4;
>and scorers at 2 and 3.  I could see the sense in a
>point guard upgrade, or a sixth man, but I don't see
>where we need this tough guy.

Mostly on the boards, I would say.  Yes, V is a tough guy, but he's not
exactly a dominating rebounder.  Maybe, in your scenerio, Walker will be
pulling down a Bird-like 9 or 10 rebounds a game as a small forward.  That
could happen.  Also, with the current team, V guards the opposing center,
but if there is a second low post player on the other team, there's no one
else who does a very good defending the post.  Thirdly, you can never have
too many inside scoring options.

>Keep Tony Battie! (Incidentally, has anyone heard anything about this
>other than from bskball.com?)

I thought the Battie for Rogers rumor was as stale as stale can be.  Sounds
like recycled old news to me.

Jim