Re: Will someone explain this need for a power forward to me?

> Subject: Will someone explain this need for a power forward to me?
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 05:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Josh Ozersky <josh_ozersky@yahoo.com>
> To: j.hironaka@unesco.org, DJessen33@aol.com, celtics@igtc.com
>
> Why do we need a power forward?

Because Pitino apparently doesn't think Battie fills the need, or he
wouldn't have tried to ship him off to the Clippers.

 We have our tough
> guy/enforcer at center; a nonscoring shotblocker at 4;
> and scorers at 2 and 3.

You may feel that way, but Il Duce doesn't.  Although, knowing Pitino's
"flavor of the month" approach to personnel, he's probably changed his
mind
about Battie, and has now soured on Potapenko.

  I could see the sense in a
> point guard upgrade, or a sixth man, but I don't see
> where we need this tough guy.  Keep Tony Battie!
> (Incidentally, has anyone heard anything about this
> other than from bskball.com?)

Sure, I've posted a couple of different articles with the same rumor.
Ray