Re: Will someone explain this need for a power forward to me?

Hi Josh. This is one rumor I haven't lost any sleep over. As I
understand it, not only is Rodney Rogers no longer Clip's property (he's
a free agent), but he's also a bench warmer on the worst team in the NBA
(with a weak rebounder starting in front of him).

Fine, maybe the Celts won't be able to pick up Rogers for our 2 million
exception (although I don't see why not), but that does not imply we
would consider trading anyone of value for him. The Clip's simply don't
have that much leverage on any other NBA team. If they were capable of
fleecing any player of value in return for Rogers (via sign and trade),
then they wouldn't be the perennial doormats they are.

The only plausible scenario I can imagine would involve moving Kenny
and/or Ron along with Battie to Clipperland for half their team
(Kandi-man etc.)  I find this unlikely, even if Pitino is still
intrigued by last year's #1 overall "El Busto".

----